History of Rider Drug
In 1948, Woodrow Rider purchased the existing Salisbury Drug which was located on the east side of the Kirksville square. He operated in that location until 1964 when William Winslow returned to Kirksville after graduating from UMKC School of Pharmacy. Rider and Winslow purchased the existing Belzer Drug Store which was located on the south side of the square and combined the two pharmacies into a new location at 111 S. Franklin.
In 1971, Don Poe purchased Woodrow Rider’s interest in the pharmacy, and Winslow and Poe continued to run the pharmacy in that location until its closure in 1987. In 1984, they opened a second location at 1207 S. Baltimore where the pharmacy currently operates.
In 1995, Gregg Taylor returned to Kirksville after graduating from pharmacy school and purchased an interest in the store. Craig Harris, and his wife Teresa, joined the pharmacists at Rider Drug in 1999. Harris continues to own and operate the pharmacy at the standard of service set by Woodrow Rider 55 years ago.
Rider Drug employs over 20 people. Always locally owned and operated, Rider Drug prides itself on fast and friendly service. There are no long lines and a real person will ALWAYS answer the phone.